Do you understand that an acquisition doesn’t have to be a big business? You can become an entrepreneur by buying a website or small business online, and then turning it into your own thing. And it could cost you as little as a hundred bucks.
If you don’t want to build a product or company from scratch, there’s multiple sites that let you buy websites and small businesses with any budget. Keep reading to find out more about micro acquisitions now.
Watch my TikTok short below on micro acquisitions that help you become an entrepreneur, or scroll to read the expanded version now:
What is a Micro Acquisition?
A micro acquisition is a small business or a startup that bought as is, already built up and established. Similar to the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) process, the goal of buying a small business or online site is to operate it as a standalone or integrate it into an existing business.
Micro acquisitions are typically smaller in size and scope than those involved in traditional M&A transactions. They’re also transacted by companies that have lower valuations.
“Micro” is a term that usually refers to the size of the small businesses or startups being bought. Traditionally, these small firms operate with revenues under $1 million, though are nonetheless considered successful.
How Popular Are Micro Acquisitions to Young Startups?
Micro acquisitions can be attractive to entrepreneurs and investors who are looking to expand their business or portfolio without the risk and complexity of larger acquisitions.
Micro acquisitions are often done by individual investors or small investment groups, rather than large corporations. The acquirer typically looks for a company with a strong product or service that fits well with their existing business or portfolio.
The goal of the acquisition is to improve or expand the existing business or portfolio by leveraging the strengths of the acquired company.
Micro acquisitions are becoming increasingly popular due to the rise of online marketplaces that make it easier to find and evaluate small businesses and startups. Additionally, micro acquisitions can provide a faster and more cost-effective way for entrepreneurs to expand their businesses, as compared to traditional M&A.
Ways to Get Started
Why would this business idea appeal to you? Well, there’s already existing businesses with traffic that people started and abandoned. Maybe they just couldn’t find the time to manage it properly.
A lot of people are daunted by being entrepreneurs because they don’t want to start from scratch, and that’s why these micro acquisitions are super, super useful.
If I have a dog frisbee website, and I buy a website about top tips for dogs, I’m going to sell more dog frisbees by redirecting my traffic to my new website with all those dog frisbee links in.
Same thing if I have a newsletter and I want to add a website to it. I can add all kinds of things with existing traffic, existing SEO diamonds, and even existing sales.
Add in some good social media if it doesn’t already have it. Take a social media account that you can buy, and then just add a website on top of it.
These are things you need to look at. Spend the money, because these are assets that may be worth more later. You can develop them, and you can build them up.
Links to Websites for Micro Acquisitions
If you want to get started on grabbing your new business, you can find your new acquisition at a number of sites:
- flippa com
- MicroAcquire, now known simply as acquire.com
Start browsing these listings. Even think about if you have an existing business, or a brand, if you want to just add traffic or a component.
There are huge opportunities to get into entrepreneurship through micro acquisition… but sometimes it’s just not what you may be looking for…
Overall, if you’re short on cash but have tons of time, read my 15-step guide on how to start a business without much money NOW!
Opportunities for Young People to Become an Entrepreneur
Becoming an entrepreneur can be an exciting and rewarding career path for young people. Here are some other ways for savvy young people to become an entrepreneur:
- Start a business: One of the most common ways to become an entrepreneur is to start your own business. This can be done in a variety of ways, such as developing a new product or service, or starting a franchise. Young people can use their creativity and innovation to come up with new and unique ideas that can help them stand out in the market.
- Join a startup: Another way to become an entrepreneur is to join a startup. Startups are often small companies with big ideas, and they can offer young people the chance to work with a team of like-minded individuals who are all working towards a common goal. Young people can bring fresh perspectives and ideas to the table and help the startup grow and succeed.
- Freelancing: Young people can also become an entrepreneur by offering their skills and services as a freelancer. They can use platforms like Upwork or Fiverr to offer their services in areas like writing, graphic design, or programming. This can give them the freedom to work on their own terms and build their own brand.
- Social media influencing: Social media has become a powerful tool for entrepreneurs to reach a wider audience. Young people can become influencers by building a large following on platforms like Instagram or YouTube. They can leverage their influence to promote products or services and make money through sponsorships and endorsements.
- E-commerce: With the rise of e-commerce, young people can become an entrepreneur by starting an online store. They can sell products through platforms like Shopify or Amazon and use digital marketing techniques to reach a wider audience.
These are just a few ways for savvy young people to become entrepreneurs. It’s important to remember that entrepreneurship requires hard work, dedication, and a willingness to take risks. With the right mindset and approach, young people can build successful businesses and achieve their goals.
Catch the Builders.Build podcast with my best friends, Colin and James, to discover more about our individual TikTok perspectives and entrepreneurial journeys across brands, products, websites, and more.
Thank you for reading this guide on how to become an entrepreneur!
If you found this content insightful and helpful, please be sure to like and share this article with your circle. Also, make sure to subscribe to the newsletter for more product development tips!
There’s never been a better time to start your own brand than right now. Browse the Product World library for more guides, expert tips, resources, factory links, and brand insight now.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Be sure to share your thoughts and ideas with me everywhere you see my personal brand displayed: @OrenMeetsWorld. You’ll find references to over 3 million links to my creator content on:
- and Twitter…
- all in a simple Google search.
NEWSLETTERS YOU SHOULD BE READING
NanoFlips – Learn the art of buying, growing, and selling websites with James Camp:
Free Smoke – A Cannabis business newsletter by Colin Landforce:
Join thousands of happy readers already on my Product People newsletter when you subscribe. I’d be excited to have you in the community!