Here’s a quick breakdown of what to expect in this post:
@orenmeetsworld ♬ Black Out Days – Future Islands Remix (Slowed) – Phantogram & xxtristanxo & Slowed Radio
- Why You Should Create a Private Label Sunglasses Brand
- Things to Consider When Choosing Your Sunglasses Factory
- 4 Private Label Sunglasses Factories to Launch Your Own Sunglasses Brand
- Launching a Private Label Sunglasses Brand: Essential Product Development Guide
- Research Your Favorite Sunglasses Brand
- Find a Factory for Your Sunglasses Brand
- Product Approaches to Starting Your Own Sunglass Brand
- Top Tips to Customize Your Private Label Sunglasses Brand
- Packaging Options for Private Label Sunglasses
- Logistics and Fulfillment Issues to Consider in a Sunglasses Brand
- Final thoughts in Starting Your Own Sunglasses Brand
Why You Should Create a Private Label Sunglasses BrandSunglasses are a great product to have in your repertoire, even if your brand sells something else entirely that’s a fashion brand, or you want to do something specifically in sunglasses. Sunglasses are an easy item you can add to your brand or corporate merchandise, and are always a welcome gift. There are a lot of sunglass factories out there with tons of different styles to choose from. If those styles do end up getting popular, you can adapt your style and make it your own again. NOTE TO THE READER: I was going to change sunglasses every time I change in this video but I don’t have the attention span for that 😎.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Private Label Sunglasses FactoryThese are acetate sunglasses, made in China. This particular style is pretty easy to mimic. You take any style you see from a vendor, and minorly adapt them by either:
- changing the background or pattern
- adding a different hinge or nose piece
- changing the lens piece slightly to make it your own, and
- ensuring you have a way to differentiate it in style or fit or benefits.
4 Private Label Sunglasses Factories to Launch Your Own Sunglasses BrandThese are my top 4 choices for private label sunglasses vendors.
Factory 1: Taizou Three Hippos Glasses Co., Ltd.This is the vendor I’ve used the most. They have a 4.9 store rating, 99% on time delivery, and over 1,000,000 transactions to North America. This is a great supplier for Alibaba. You can see a wide variety of styles available at low price points you can use as a base to begin building your brand.
Factory 2: Wenzhou Zhiheng Glasses Co., Ltd.Let’s now move on to another good option you can have in your repertoire, as well. This vendor has these super-fun, kind of vintage, bike-inspired sunglasses, as well. Some of them are definitely of the more-weirder styles (in case you’re trying to get odd/rare/truly bespoke designs out there).
Factory 3: Wenzhou Lenlook International Trade Co., Ltd.Your 3rd option has some more basics. It is a little bit more expensive, but definitely worthy of a look.
Factory 4: MoscotOverall, private label sunglasses is a super-competitive market but this is a great add-on product to apply your own patterns or looks to. It can complement your existing brand and it’s also a low-cost start. If you’re considering selling your own products, getting a hundred sunglasses that showcase your customized designs aren’t going to cost you that much to test the waters in e-commerce.
Launching a Private Label Sunglasses Brand: Essential Product Development GuideIf you’re on Instagram, you’ve seen sunglass brands ads selling for $40-80 a pair. The secret? They cost about $3-10. Add:
- $5 shipping
- $2 packaging
Step 1: Research Your Favorite Sunglasses BrandFirst things first, order your favorite brand’s pair online. Write down EVERYTHING about the experience:
- shipping and updates
- instructions and content
- unboxing and wear
- carrying around
Step 2: Find a Factory for Your Sunglasses BrandNext thing to do is find a private label sunglasses factory. Use Alibaba, and search for vendors with:
- fast response times
- high on-time delivery
- hundreds of thousands in transactions
- an inspection from Alibaba
Step 3: Product Approaches to Consider When Starting a Sunglasses BrandIf you’re looking for inspiration on designs, check these brands:
- sports performance
- trendy styles
Step 4: Compare and Align Factories to Your Product BriefBack in step 1, you made notes about features, usability, colors, etc. Use these links and breakdowns to refine your selection, based on those choices made. Factory: Wenzhou Zhiheng Glasses Co., Ltd.
- Around $4.80 a pair, 100 minimum.
- You can get the nicest version of these with cases and great customization for about $15.
- Alter the shape.
- Find the right reflective pattern.
- Get the perfect strap.
- Change the measurements and the colors, and do multiple samples.
- Do minor adjustments.
- Add new patterns.
- Start from a great spot.
- There’s also classic basics with good polarization that will run you $2.50 or so.
- Matte and transparent options are easy differentiators.
Step 4: Customizing Your Private Label Sunglasses BrandMake sure to customize your product! Some quick ideas:
- Unique color schemes (matte, pastels, gradients, patterns, marble)
- Unique materials (bamboo, coatings, reflective etc)
It's a golden age for selling your own products.— Oren John 🛠,🛠 (@orenmeetsworld) April 19, 2022
The Good, Better, Best framework helps you price and position to win 👇🏼
RECOMMENDED READINGReady to start your own private label sunglasses brand? Read Understanding Good-Better-Best Pricing for Products
Step 5: Packaging Options for Private Label SunglassesNext you’re going to move on to packaging. Ask your vendor if they will wrap and box your product with a custom item. This is a cheaper option than domestic.
- Almost all of them will have a bunch of box and case options.
- Sturdy, unique and transportable are differentiators!
- Get a “dieline” to design the print on your packaging. Use a real designer to make it stand out (helps with unboxing videos).
- Get a sample of your package sent to you via air.
- Make sure the packaging is sturdy enough to not get damaged in transit.
Step 6: Logistics and Fulfillment Issues to ConsiderOnce you’re ordering your product, we hit logistics. Too much product for your house?
RECOMMENDED READINGYou need a 3PL (third party logistics) or FC (fulfillment center) partner. Here’s my comprehensive list: Best 3rd Party Logistics for CPG Businesses
Final thoughts in Starting Your Own Sunglasses BrandWhen it comes to e-commerce there’s 100 quality followers on Twitter that can juice you up with great info. I will say, in this niche in particular, photography is a huge part of what can make the product stand out when selling online. Moscot crushes this. Check out some sample pics below:
- Pick up niche opportunities as big companies struggle in the economic downturn.
- Utilize the global economy through Alibaba to get enough margin to really give it a shot.
- Don’t sleep on this!