Luxury brands average 150% more margin and 200% more operating profits than mid-market brands. It’s easier – and cheaper! – than ever to create a luxury brand, so why wait?
This guide is designed to help you create a luxury brand, and covers topics that include:
Here’s my product playbook – with factory links – to make your own luxury goods. You can also read this thread on Twitter:
Luxury Begins With Quality
The key differentiator between a high-end good and a value counterpart is the quality. This narrows down to:
- material (how long it lasts, how good it feels)
- construction (how well its stitched, printed etc)
To achieve a real luxury brand, quality is just one cornerstone, you also need
The last one is the hardest, because you need to execute all the others for extended periods to achieve a true luxury regard for your product.
Differences Between High-End Brands
There are 3 types of high-end brands:
- Performance – A brand whose emphasis is on quality first and foremost
- Designer – A brand whose aesthetics and function differentiate if from the standard
- Luxury – Quality and aesthetics with high desirability and consistent performance over time
Best Locations for Luxury Goods Producers
Major fashion houses were housed out of Italy forever, but due to changes in global positioning and various other factors, Portugal now produces a large amount of luxury goods. And they’re the perfect place to go if you want true luxury quality at a reasonable price.
Factory Options for Your Luxury Brand
Here are 4 premium factory options in Portugal to get you started:
- Martiape Shoes – http://www.martiape.com
- Becri Group – http://www.becrigroup.com
- Anglotex Clothes – http://www.anglotex.pt
- Malhinter- http://www.malhinter.com/
Portugal offers a great combination of quality, cost-effectiveness, and convenience. Learn more about using Portugal for fashion manufacturing and clothing sourcing now.
How to Approach a Factory
You don’t approach a factory without a plan, so here’s where to begin:
- Designs of your line
- Projected quantities
- A budget for production
- A concrete plan for brand and marketing
- A customs broker or logistics partner
- A business entity and trademark
A good partner
- Can help you with materials and choices on your design
- Can work with you on budgets for production
- Will work on minimums, options and sampling to help you be successful
But don’t expect all this before you’ve done a few transactions and proven legitimacy.
Factors to Consider When You Create a Luxury Brand
The goods themselves are just step one. Creating a premium or luxury brand requires a premium experience.
To charge a premium, your ethos from inception must be to:
- never skimp on customer service
- don’t cut corners
- choose quality and user experience over price reduction
Desirability is the x-factor in luxury. You can create amazing products, but how do you get customers to truly desire it?
Great tactics to consider include:
- Association, placing stores adjacent to other luxury
- Influence, pay the price for big name endorsement
- Collaboration, show your quality in context
In addition, design is paramount:
- You can never have a website that isn’t best-in-class
- Photography needs to always be differentiated from the standard
- Advertisements need to resonate with your target demographic and not ever come across as “middle of the mall”.
Want to know more? Here’s my Twitter thread with the perfect tool…
Have any questions? Drop me a comment below.
Catch the Builders.Build podcast with my best friends, Colin and James, to discover more about our individual TikTok perspectives and entrepreneurial journeys across brands, products, websites, and more.
Thank you for reading this guide on how to create a luxury brand!
If you found this content insightful and helpful, please be sure to like and share this article with your circle. Also, make sure to subscribe to the newsletter for more product development tips!
There’s never been a better time to start your own luxury brand than right now. Browse the Product World library for more guides, expert tips, resources, factory links, and brand insight now.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Be sure to share your thoughts and ideas with me everywhere you see my personal brand displayed: @OrenMeetsWorld. You’ll find 5,000+ links to my creator content on:
NEWSLETTERS YOU SHOULD BE READING
Join thousands of happy readers already on my Product People newsletter when you subscribe. I’d be excited to have you in the community!