One of the most frequent requests I get from my manufacturer and brand videos is for women’s clothing. Today, we’re going to walk through how to create a womens knitwear brand, including sweaters, dresses, pants, etc… with an awesome vendor to get started with.
Watch my TikTok short on how to create a women’s knits apparel brand below, or scroll to read the expanded version now:
Is it Hard to Create a Womens Knitwear Brand?
Creating a knitwear brand can be challenging, but the level of difficulty largely depends on the scope and scale of your vision. Creating a women’s knitwear brand can be a great way to tap into the growing demand for stylish and sustainable fashion.
There are some factors to consider when starting a knitwear brand, such as conceptualization, product design, finding a reliable manufacturer, marketing, sales, and more.
I break the process down a little below.
How to Create a Womens Knitwear Brand
- Research the market: The first step in creating a women’s knitwear brand is to research the market and identify gaps or opportunities. Look at other knitwear brands and their products to get an idea of what’s already available and what’s missing.
- Conceptualization: Next is developing a unique and distinctive concept. Based on your research, develop a clear concept for your brand. This should include your brand values, target audience, and the unique selling point (USP) that sets you apart from competitors.
- Design: Once you have a concept in mind, you need to create a design that reflects your brand’s vision. This includes designing your logo, selecting colors, and creating patterns. Also consider the materials you’ll use, the style and fit of the garments, and any unique features that will make your brand stand out.
- Manufacturing: After designing your clothing, you need to find a reliable manufacturer that can produce your garments at a reasonable cost. This can be challenging, especially if you’re new to the industry and have limited resources. Look for manufacturers who specialize in knitwear production and have experience working with sustainable materials.
Keep reading to discover the factory link you can use to create your women’s knitwear brand.
- Marketing: Once you have your products ready, you need to market them effectively to generate interest and attract customers. This includes creating a website, developing social media campaigns. Create a strong online presence through social media and an e-commerce website, and be sure to run relevant ads. Attend trade shows and other events to network with potential customers and retailers.
- Sales and strategy: You need to develop a sales strategy that includes setting prices, managing inventory, and developing a sales strategy that includes selling through your own website, wholesale to retailers, or a combination of both.
- Building relationships with customers: Offer exceptional customer service and build relationships with your customers through newsletters, social media, and other marketing channels.
Creating a women’s knitwear brand takes time, effort, and a strong brand concept, but with the right strategy, you can build a successful business that fills a gap in the market and appeals to fashion-conscious and sustainability-minded consumers.
A lot of the bulk clothing we see is produced in Cambodia, Vietnam, Pakistan, and Portugal… but you’re going to need to have a lot more money for some of the more higher end factories and lines.
Learn how to source clothing manufacturers in Portugal for your clothing brand, with links to associations, tradeshows, factories, and more.
China is a good, affordable way to create a women’s knitwear brand. Everyday or luxury, you’re sure to find what your brand needs at Dongguan Tongwa.
Best Factory to Create a Women’s Knitwear Brand
Dongguan Tongfa Knitwears Co., Ltd is my go-to factory for women’s knitwear. I’m not going to try and butcher the pronunciation but you can check it out.
There are a few points here about the factory you should be aware of. It has:
- a 4.8 star rating.
- 100% on time delivery rate, which is rare.
- 64 million in transactions on the platform.
- less than 2 hours response time, which is great.
and customization from design so that means if you have your sketches, they’re going to be able to interpret them and work with them, which is really important when you’re getting started.
Women’s Knitwear Costs and Stock Items
Let’s break down some of the items they have and their costs.
This is the first image I discussed in my TikTok short above. This design comes in at a low $48 for 100 pieces for a cashmere knit, which is expensive … but it is cashmere. The price doesn’t drop by much when your quantities increase.
100 MOQ (minimum order quantity) for customized packaging and logos. It’s also around $100 per so you definitely want to be going higher end. It might seem steep paying this much for an item, but you can rest assured its a reasonable cost for cashmere.
Another great addition to your women’s knitwear brand is the short, sleeveless summer dress. Although the MOQ here is also 100, they’re only about $15 each, which is a great price. This you can retail for anywhere between $50 – $90 range… with a unique design.
Here’s another, more-elaborate dress. While I’m not necessarily a fan of this style right here, it’s a great showpiece for the factory’s capabilities – the kind of things they can do and at what price.
This knit-fringe creation is a stunner! The same 100+ MOQ for custom logo and packaging. We’re looking at about $27 – $90 for this design, which I think is a really good deal.
Take a quick look at the quality of this item. I think it’s always good to look at zoomed-in pics to see what the actual fabric looks – especially when you’re looking at knitwear.
These bottoms look great and give you a much better idea of the kind of product and quality you’re getting for what may be assumed to be a lower price.
We finish up with these full-length pants because I’ve seen lots of similar styles like this of late. I would try them without this kind of monogram.
These come in around $36 for a full-knit high quality pattern. It’s a bit on the higher end of pricing, but it’s actually a pretty solid product. And there’s a pretty decent price drop when you order 1,000+ pieces. You can probably negotiate something to get closer to that rate with any of these vendors.
Catch the Builders.Build podcast with my best friends, Colin and James, to discover more about our individual TikTok perspectives and entrepreneurial journeys across brands, products, websites, and more.
Thank you for reading on how to create a women’s knitwear brand!
If you found this content insightful and helpful, please be sure to like and share this article with your circle. Also, make sure to subscribe to the newsletter for more product development tips!
There’s never been a better time to start your own brand than right now. Browse the Product World library for more guides, expert tips, resources, factory links, and brand insight now.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Be sure to share your thoughts and ideas with me everywhere you see my personal brand displayed: @OrenMeetsWorld. You’ll find referrences to over 2 million links to my creator content on:
- and Twitter…
- all in a simple Google search.
NEWSLETTERS YOU SHOULD BE READING
Join thousands of happy readers already on my Product People newsletter when you subscribe. I’d be excited to have you in the community!